Monday, July 14, 2008

Miss CCPRA Is Ready


The Willits Frontier Days Rodeo is sanctioned by the California Cowboys Pro Rodeo Association, so points earned here by competitors accumulate toward championships and prize money, etc. offered by the organization. Safety riders on horseback seem to monitor the arena, and guide livestock to their exit shutes, and help retrieve dropped gear, and otherwise provide appropriate assistance. Among these is Miss CCPRA, who competed herself for the prized role of promoting rodeo. The rules seem mighty tough to me.

However, some little fans have a hard time focusing on the roping and riding action when ice cream issues must be negotiated. Amid the layers of drama, Miss CCPRA remains "Cowgirl Tough" and stays attuned to her job.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A neat photograph. The little ones steal the show.

raf said...

Never been anything of a cowboy, even though raised in Texas, but I do like catching a good rodeo now and then. Great posting on this series, Elaine. Always enjoy your text as much as your excellent photography.
Congrats on the award!

Jim Klenke said...

The little kids are cute. I like the back of her vest, Cowgirl tough.

Meead said...

Cowboys! nice photo.

Elaine, thanks for your comment. No I haven't ever seen Portland; I haven't ever been to US. As I heard and saw some photos, Portland is a different city. I am going to enroll Portland State University to get my Master degree.

Halcyon said...

Nice photo. I'm sure it's quite an honor to be Miss CCPRA. Her chaps are really pretty. It looks like someone spent a lot of time doing all that intricate work on them.

evirtualpie said...

Very good pics and good cause too.

Ming the Merciless said...

Wow! Beauty and brawn. Now, that's a cowgirl!

Tomate Farcie said...

And a tough job it is! These guys are extremely skilled and work very hard for not very much money at all. Great post.

I also came by to say I really enjoy your clever comments and interesting links on Eric's blog. I can't always comment on that (sometimes it's difficult to follow when too many people try to have cross-conversations, so I thought I'd pay you a visit instead and tell you in person instead, well virtually, I think. And what do you know, you had a little horsey post! Cool! good night.