Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fantasy Land


Coincidentally combining elements from the previous two posts, the westernmost end of the J.D. Redhouse building mural casts the Mendocino coast into a planet of fantasy, with a moon in a pink sky as the viewer looks north. The camouflage tarp reveals the contrast between fantasy forest green paint and more realistic hues. I'm not a fan of the color "teal", but I actually like this mural. I suspect the black trailer is there if needed for deliveries of hay bales to area farms.

FantasyMuralCamoTr Jigsaw PuzzleFantasyMuralCamoTr Jigsaw Puzzle

4 comments:

Halcyon said...

The mural almost looks real!

The puzzle was fun too. :)

Knoxville Girl said...

fantasy? eh, I think the colors look a lot like the ones in yesterday's shot. But I liked your pixilated mural much better than this one.

Chuck Pefley said...

Love finding artwork like this. I passed a couple today on my rounds and made a note to go back under better light conditions. Fun description!!

USelaine said...

Halcyon - It looks like there's a small following for the puzzles, so I'll keep throwing them in when I think the shot will work.

KG - So many murals, so little time! I was surprised to catch two pink skies in one week. The teal green trees are the things not found in nature - at least not around here.

Chuck - I got several shots of different parts of it with different elements of the building, but this one made it with the colorful sky.

Thanks all!