Sunday, July 13, 2008
Arte Y Pico Honor
My thanks go to Kelly, at Geneva Daily Photo, for honoring me with the the Arte Y Pico blog award. Here are the guidelines for this recognition:
1. Recipients choose five blogs considered to be ‘deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and which contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language they are in’.
2. After selecting your honorees, list the name of the blog author and a link to his/her blog so they may be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to display the award, and include name and link to the blog that conferred the recognition.
4. All award winners will link to the Arte y Pico blog so that everyone will know the origin of the award.
5. Provide a copy of these guidelines.
The originator of the award appears to be a doll crafter in Uruguay (I used Google Translate to examine the site). On the one hand, it is a way for the originator to show his humble wares (so you can decide whether you want to click on that link or not 8^)), but on the other hand, it's lovely to be offered such an acknowledgment from a fellow blogger in whatever form it arrives. This particular exponential chain appears to have just started in June, and who knows how far it will reach. No money lost, no money gained. Most of the blogs I've been visiting lately have been part of the loosely affiliated City Daily Photo community, but I'll break this out from that circle a little more with my list of five. It will be up to the listees to decide whether they want to receive it and pass it on:
1. Kym of Redheaded Blackbelt and Other Strange Connections
She writes beautifully and compellingly of her life adventures, as well as community news in southern Humboldt county, California, and beyond. Her photos are superb!
2. Elisa of Elisa Saca Fotos
Elisa is the sister of an Argentine CDP blogger (his site is great too!), and her photography is marvelously original.
3. Desiree of The Adventures of Chopper Chick
Readers of Redheaded Blackbelt were just recently pointed to this exciting, action packed blog of a professional helicopter pilot. She seems to do every kind of copter work.
4. Ms Puddin at A Taste of Fresh Banana Puddin'
Her blog is rated NC-17 for a reason. She has twenty-something, beyond-sex-and-the-city attitude, holding nothing back. It's a funny and fresh view of life that I don't see much of anymore, because I'm really close in age to her parents. In fact, I'm acquainted with her parents - long time residents of Mendocino county. She probably won't get off on an old lady noticing her blog, but that's sort of why I'm listing her.
5. Palm Axis of Palm Axis
An artist in the Los Angeles area, this blogger presents her own art as well as the well observed art, nature and history around her - three things that matter to me as well.