Friday, February 20, 2009

Loose Caboose


The Loose Caboose is a popular sandwich eatery tucked away on Wood Street behind the Book Juggler, with their dining patio leading to the restaurant. As you step through the gate, this fantasy painting greets you with childlike conceptions of castle and rainbow and fairy, along with a "loose" caboose, unaided by a locomotive. The railroad theme is appropriate for a town with so many rail connections, and so many fantasies of seeing them all operate again.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

The painting is very nice and lovely.
I interested in the door style!

Pat said...

This is so pretty, and the car coming by (parked there?) makes the photo.

Better a loose caboose than a 'loose cannon'!

Halcyon said...

What a lovely painting! This is definitely the kind of place I'd like to try!

Petrea Burchard said...

The mural is really well done. I like the way it's tucked away.

Anonymous said...

As you know my favorite place. I hope you enjoyed yourself and had a nice sandwich. Aimee Dawson

USelaine said...

Sara - I didn't show you much of the gate, but it is mostly just straight iron rods. I like the curls at the top too.

Bibi - I wouldn't have the courage to eat a sandwich from the "Loose Cannon"! LOL!

Halcyon - They recently refurnished the interior with elegant tables and chairs, but I don't do flash photos. You'll just have to come over and see for yourself!

Petrea - It's a very slick piece of art, so I don't blame them for keeping it locked safe behind the gate after hours.

Aimee - I wondered if you would catch this post! My favorite is "The Conductor". Lots of avocado goodness.

Thanks everyone!